This year we are once again asking for a few minutes of your time to complete the annual commuting survey and additionally to give us your feedback on the draft Travel Plan 2016-2021-2026.
Over the coming years the UCD campus will continue to develop with additional users and commuting requirements. To plan for these developments we are requesting that you complete our online 2016-2017 Commuting Survey in relation to your daily commute. Many improvements to transport facilities on campus and those serving the campus have been achieved as a result of information provided by this annual survey.
The information provided is used anonymously for planning purposes internally and with external agencies such as the National Transportation Authority (NTA), Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council (DLRCC), Dublin Bus and other service providers.
UCD is engaged in a regular meeting process with both the NTA and DLRCC regarding our commuting requirements. This process has proved useful and has resulted in a number of commuting projects being part funded by the NTA.
Information and feedback gathered from last year’s survey has resulted in recent improvements such as:
- Additional Bike Lockers located on Campus
- The Greenfield Gate being opened for cyclists
- Alterations to speed ramps on Campus
- Addition of private bus services to and from the campus
- Installation of additional covered bicycle stands on campus
- Resurfacing and line marking of roadways and car parks
- Installation of additional Sheffield stands for bicycle parking
- Upgrade of the commuting website
- Formation of a smarter travel working group
Completing the commuting survey should take less than 15 minutes and you will have the option to enter a draw to win one of a range of prizes including a €250 voucher for the UCD Bike shop, and Leap Cards. Please click on the link below to complete the survey.
Many thanks for your time and input.