The UCD – DART shuttle bus is scheduled to resume service from Monday 3rd September.
What you need to know about parking in UCD:
- Demand for parking spaces can exceed supply at peak times. A parking permit is not an entitlement to or a guarantee of a parking space. Parking is on a first come, first served basis.
- Permit parking is in effect 08:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays) during academic teaching terms.
- A parking permit is not valid in hourly or premium pay and display/visitor parking spaces.
- Construction of Phase One of the Student Residences Masterplan has had an effect on campus pedestrian & vehicle access routes, most notably vehicular access to the centre of campus is no longer possible via the Owenstown Park Gate, off Fosters Avenue. Additional access to parking at the rear of the Lochlann Quinn School of Business via the Owenstown Park Gate will be made available in September. The 17 bus route has reverted to its original route of entering campus via the N11 entrance. For more information on these access arrangements click here.
- There is a cap imposed by the National Transport Authority (NTA) on the number of car parking spaces that UCD can provide.
- Internal traffic calming barriers are in place at the Church and at the rear of the James Joyce Library to prevent external motorists using UCD as a shortcut. Barriers are closed between the hours of 07:00 – 10:30 & 16:00 – 19:30. For the duration of Phase One of the Residences construction the traffic barrier at Centra will remain open.
- Students living on the Belfield Campus are not entitled to purchase a parking permit.
- Parking enforcement measures where cars are parked in breach of UCD Parking Regulations include fines, clamping and towing. A clamping appeals process is in place via NCPS & the NTA. In the event of an issue please contact NCPS on 0818 555 000 or visit www.ncps.ie