About Parking at UCD
UCD is one of the largest journey generators in the Greater Dublin Area. Working with the National Transport Authority (NTA), Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and other statutory bodies, UCD is committed to the ongoing development of a sustainable commuting strategy. This includes the introduction of car parking demand management to promote a shift away from car journeys and towards sustainable transport modes.
Eligible members of the UCD community may apply for a UCD Parking Permit.
The UCD Parking Permit is an electronic permit utilising the car licence plate number. Permit holders are able to administer their own permit online by registering their nominated car. No physical permit is issued.
Registered cars will be allowed to park on a first come first served basis in permit car parks. Drivers are required to comply with the UCD Parking Regulations and to park safely and with consideration for other users.
- Only cars with a valid UCD Parking Permit shall be entitled to park in permit only parking areas
- A UCD Parking Permit is not an entitlement to a parking space
- A UCD Parking Permit is not valid in hourly paid parking areas
- UCD Parking Permits will be restricted to one per member. Permit holders may change the nominated car registration number online without charge
- No new permits will be issued to a member with outstanding payments