1. Driver Qualifications
Minimum driver qualifications are as follows:
1) Must hold a full and valid European Union driver’s licence, for the vehicle type that they will be driving. This must be provided to the UCD Estate Services prior to the commencement of rental.
2) Must be at least 18 years of age.
3) Must have at least two years of experience in the class of vehicle operated under a full driving licence. Under no circumstances a novice driver would be allowed to drive UCD vehicles.
4) Must be an authorised employee or Post Graduate student of UCD and submit a confirmation letter from the Head of School/Unit requesting the use of a UCD vehicle to UCD Estate Services if required.
5) Who hold a Non-European Union driving licence (including the United Kingdom) may not be eligible to be insured under the fleet policies unless they hold an international driving licence and have been approved by UCD Estate Services.
6) Other requirements may be set out by UCD Estate Services or UCD SIRC.
Please click one or both from the below statements if they are applicable to your driving licence (this information is collected anonymously for the purposes of insurance premium calculations)