Date:02 Oct 2015
If you have any queries about the current situation or want to know more about the Mail Services UCD provides you can contact the UCD Mailroom @017163270.
Area / Buildings :
Monday, October 5 @18:30:
The strike that has led to postal services around the country grinding to a halt over recent days has been suspended.
Campus deliveries, collections & processing of all outgoing external mail to and from UCD will return to normal tomorrow morning.
However, due to the backlog created it may take a few days for all services to reach optimal levels.
UCD Estate Services will continue to monitor the situation and post any updates if further impact to the service is expected.
Monday, October 5 @07:00:
1) There has been no change to the situation affecting Ireland’s postal services since Friday (Oct, 2). External services to and from UCD remain affected. UCD internal mail and commercial courier services operate normally.
2) UCD Estate Services advises staff who entered any items on the mail stream last Friday and are looking to retrieve them to contact UCD Mail Services @017163270.
3) If you have an urgent or critical delivery please contact UCD Mail Services @017163270 to get advise on the best options available to you.
UCD Estate Services will continue to monitor the situation and post any updates as they become available.
Friday, October 2 @17:00:
There has been no change to the situation affecting Ireland’s postal services. UCD Estate Services will continue to monitor the situation and advise of any options available.
Friday, October 2 @13:00:
If you have entered an item into the mail stream today that you would like to retrieve, please contact UCD Mail Services @017163270
1) UCD advises all staff not to enter any post addressed to external parties into the University mail stream with immediate effect.
2) UCD internal mail service remains fully operational.
3) People that have sent post to external addresses earlier today are requested to contact the UCD Mailroom @017163270
UCD Estate Services apologise for any inconvenience caused. Should you have any questions or comments, please contact us.