As you would have seen in our last Switch-off email, we are working hard to reach our 2020 targets, which require a 33% improvement in energy efficiency.
The official 2017 results are due to be published next month by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). Early indications are good, however the period between now and 2020 is crucial to our success.
Everyone has a role to play in helping UCD reach the targets. Forming simple habits can help us reach the 33%, such as:
- Switching off your computer screen or closing your laptop when you are leaving the office.
- Only filling the kettle with as much water as you need.
- Switching off printers each evening.
- Switch-off lights when you leave the room – even for a short time.
- Minimise printing where possible.
- Do not leave laptops plugged in over-night.
- Switch-off or plug-out equipment fully – electricity is used when equipment is on standby.
Thank you for your continued support and have a great weekend!
UCD Energy Unit