Date:04 May 2018
Traffic, parking & pedestrian access diversions will be in place from Tuesday 8th May to facilitate the development of phase 1 of the Student Residences Masterplan.
From Wednesday 18 July 2018
- Opening of new pedestrian path from Car Park O4 (rear of Quinn Building to Roebuck
- Installation of lighting alongside new pedestrian path
From Friday 8th June 2018
- Opening of new car park opposite Centra & adjacent to main bus terminus
From Monday 21st May 2018
The following measures will be in place as outlined at https://ucdestates.ie/information/studentresconstruction/
and in the President’s Bulletin #197:
- Restricted vehicular access (local vehicle access to the Roebuck area of campus only) through Owenstown Park road from 10:30.
- Pedestrian & cyclist traffic will be re-routed via Roebuck.
- Closure of Car Park O3 and a section of O4.
Mitigating measures to reduce impact on campus operations are below:
- The Traffic Barrier at the Main Bus Terminus/Centra will remain open from 07:00 Monday 21st May 2108 to allow access to alternate car parks.
- Traffic stewards will be on duty from the morning of Monday 21st at the Owenstown Park entrance and Centra junction to advise campus users.
- Parking spaces displaced by the development will be relocated to the new car park currently under construction.
From Sunday 20th May 2018
- Car park O3 and a section of O4 will be closed from 20:00.
From Thursday 17th May 2018
- Newly constructed roundabout at the Owenstown Park Gate will be in full operation from 15:30
From Tuesday 8th May 2018
- The current Merville vehicle and pedestrian entrance will be closed and relocated to the new entrance off the campus ring road opposite the main bus terminus.
- Signage will be in place directing campus users to the alternative access point while work is ongoing.
- The campus traffic calming barriers will remain in normal operation during this initial phase of the project.
Click here to view a map of the new access point
As the project continues and develops further temporary changes to campus access routes and parking may be necessary as part of the planned schedule of works. Notice will be given in advance of these changes online and through our social media channels.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Area / Buildings:
Belfield Campus – Merville & Glenomena Student Accommodation