Date06 January 2020
Please note important information regarding access, traffic calming barriers and line marking work taking place during the week Monday 6th January to Friday 10th January inclusive.
Changes to campus parking facilities have taken place to increase the number of parking spaces available to parking permit holders.
- UCD Sport and Fitness member spaces in car park N2 (Veterinary Sciences/UCD Club) are changing use to permit parking spaces
- Additional permit parking spaces are being marked in car parks N1 (Old running track) and O1 Observatory
- Car Park W8 (Newstead Block C) will fully become a visitor pay and display car park
- Car Park W2 will change use from pay and display to permit parking
- Raised gravel section of car park W3 will change use from permit parking to visitor pay and display parking
Please click here for the latest map of car parks and designations.
From Monday 13th January the traffic barrier at the rear of the Lochlann Quinn School of Business will be placed back into operation and the traffic barriers at the Church and rear of the Library/Observatory will remain in an open position. This change will make the car parks O1 (Observatory) and O2 (rear of Belgrove Student Residences) accessible via the Clonskeagh & Newstead entrances to campus when the traffic barriers are closed and balance the remaining number of parking spaces accessible via those entrances and the N11 entrance.
During the times when traffic barriers are closed (07:00 – 10:30 & 16:00 – 19:30, Monday – Friday) vehicle access to the below buildings via the N11 entrance will not be possible. During these times access will be via the Clonskeagh and Newstead entrances and additionally via the Rosemount Entrance for the Oakmount Creche. Cyclist and pedestrian access remains unchanged:
- Building 71
- Gerald Manley Hopkins Building
- Newman Building
- James Joyce Library
- Oakmount Creche
Additionally and as per previous years, car park N1 will be closed on Thursday 9th and Friday 10th of January to facilitate coach parking for the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition.
Traffic Stewards will be on duty during this time to direct traffic to alternative facilities.
Area / Buildings: